Wait, don’t click back yet. Really. Yeah, I know. When netbooks originally came out, they didn’t pack much power. But netbooks have really improved over the past year. The newest ones weigh 2.8 pounds, get 8 hours of battery life, and have dual core processors. Yeah, you heard that right: dual core processors.
Acer’s Aspire ONE D255-2520 is a prime example. It’s got a stylish design, a 10.1″ LCD (1024 x 600 resolution), a 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB (2GB max) 667 DDR2 RAm, and a 160GB hard drive. This machine comes with Windows 7 starter, 3 USB ports, and a keyboard that’s 93% full size. Crank it open and look inside to see its Intel NM10 Express chipset video card that handles everyday and basic 3-D games. Rounding this up is an overall battery life of 8 hours. Sweet.
Engadget calls the D255 one of the cheapest dual core netbooks around. You can spend $50 less and get a single core processor, but why? Dual core CPU’s pack much more multitasking power for the cost. You might as well spend the extra cash.
Here are the full specs:
- Product Description: Acer Aspire ONE D255-2520, Atom N450 1.66 GHz, 10.1″ TFT
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 10.2 in x 7.3 in x 0.9 in
- Weight: 2.8 lbs
- System Type: Netbook
- Built-in Devices: Stereo speakers, wireless LAN antenna
- Processor: Intel Atom N450 / 1.66 GHz
- Cache Memory: 512 KB, L2 cache
- RAM: 1 GB (installed) / 2 GB (max), DDR2 SDRAM, 667 MHz
- Card Reader: Yes
- Hard Drive: 160 GB, 5400 rpm
- Display: 10.1″ TFT 1024 x 600 ( WSVGA ), 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
- Graphics Controller: Intel GMA 3150 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0
- Audio Output: Sound card
- Networking: Network adapter, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
- Wireless NIC: Acer InviLink Nplify
- Notebook Camera: Integrated, 1.3 Megapixel
- Input Device: Keyboard, touchpad
- Power: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Battery: Lithium ion
- Run Time (Up To): 8 hour(s)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
- Microsoft Office Preloaded: Includes a pre-loaded image of select Microsoft Office 2010 suites. Purchase an Office 2010 Product Key Card or disc to activate preloaded software on this PC.
- Environmental Standards: ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year warranty