New and Improved
If performance, portability, and battery life is what you're looking for in a gaming laptop, check out the Gibabyte Aero 15X. It's 6-core Intel processor and gaming display, lightweight portability, and cleaver design are sure to be a win for all gamers.
Hands on Review
This Engaget Review on the lays out everything. Brushed black aluminum chassis, amazingly solid keyboard, a host of high speed ports, and top of the line performance with the 6-core i7-8750H CPU and NVIDIA GTX 1070 Max-Q graphics. At just 18mm (0.7 inches) thick, it is about as thin as any other lightweight gaming laptop out there. It's 4.5 pounds does mean it's just a bit heavier than MSI's GS63VR 7RG 4.2 pound gaming laptop, but not quite a heavy at ASUS's ROG Zephyrus GX501.
Performance wise, the Aero 15X tops out the charts by showing a CPUMark score of 12,500. Even though the machine packs a GTX 1070 card, it's performance is more like the GTX 1060 chip. Game such as Witcher 3, Wolfenstein II and Rise of the Tomb Raider handle well at 1t 1080p, hitting 120 fps (on Rise of the Tomb Raider). On a 4K monitor, the frame rate on Witcher 3 was well over 30 fps, which is more than acceptable for such a small laptop. Video editing really shines on this beast. Mixing HD and 4K video is snappy and responsive with resource-hungry video, doing full HD encoding in just over 7 minutes.
Battery life comes in at a whopping 7 hours, 40 minutes; about twice as long as the latest GS63VR 7RG Stealth Pro. Such a long battery life is mostly due to the huge 94.24 Wh battery as well as the fact that it sends video playback processing functions to the integrated Intel UHD 630 graphics.
- Display: 15.6" IPS Full HD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz Wide Viewing Angle Anti-Glare Display | Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 (Max-Q)
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Coffee Lake Core i7-8750H Six Core (2.2GHz-4.1GHz, 9MB Intel Smart Cache, 45W)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | Hard Drive: 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 Bit) | Warranty: 2-Year Gigabyte USA + Global Warranty Parts & Labor + Lifetime Tech Support from EXcaliberPC
The Gibabyte Aero 15X has 24 reviews on Amazon with a 4 star overall rating. Here's a few recent reviews:
- The Gigabyte Aero 15x is a great gaming laptop for the price. It'll play any AAA game that you throw at it at max graphics without too much of an issue. The M.2 SSD is also wonderful and super fast. On the Pros, the laptop is definitely well built and the screen is absolutely gorgeous. Gaming on this is a breeze, well above 60 fps at ultra settings. Cons, there is a known issue with the USB ports acting up, especially when you plug in an external USB hub, the laptop gets really hot and the fans are noisy when running at full speed.
- I find this machine it easy to look at, solid, and very powerful. The main use for this machine is going to be as for graphical design, photo and video editing. I will also play video games games with it. In the last month that I've had it, I haven't had any issue with it except for a audio driver problem which was easily fixed.
- Great laptop all around. I was in the market for a new laptop that I could use in college. Something that had the horsepower to both play games, but the portability and battery to be used as a workstation as well. Gigabyte did a great job combining the best of both worlds into this beautiful chassis.
Where to Buy
You can buy the Gibabyte Aero 15X on Amazon for a cool 2,299.00.