Best Everyday Computing Laptop
With millions of laptops available on Amazon these days, how do you find a great laptop that's good for everyday use? Behold! Take a look Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM and consider this beast an excellent laptop with home and office use.
It's got 3,254 user reviews, a 3.5 overall rating, 1000+ answered questions, and is $350 at Amazon. While it won't be stellar for playing video games, it holds it's own with a 7th Gen Intel iCore i3-7100U Processor, 4GB of DDR4 RAM, and up to 12 hours battery life.
All specs indicate that this machine will excel at what we call everyday computing. That is, basic home, home office, and light office use.
- 7th Generation Intel Core i3-7100U Processor
- 15.6” Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen display
- 4GB DDR4 memory, 1TB hard drive
- 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
The Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM has 3,254 user reviews, a 3.5 overall rating, 1000+ answered questions, and is $350 at Amazon.
- Best Laptop Value: I am a research nerd. I used to spend in excess of 50 million a year for the largest retailer of its kind in my industry, I am obsessive when comparing details and am even more obsessed with getting every last ounce of value for my money. This is a fantastic laptop for the majority of people, I do not intend to do heavy gaming or run heavy/complex programs. I spent about 20 working hours comparing over 400 laptops (nerd) from all major brands, and looked at over 300 deals(super nerd) offered on laptops by all major retailers on both black friday and cyber monday. I chose this laptop for $329 on cyber monday, and although it was only $20 off, versus others that were $200 or more off, this was still the most computer for the money.
- Incredible Deal and Easy to Upgrade: This model (1TB HD, 4GB RAM) is the best buy in low budget laptops for many reasons. I was prepared to return it but it's exceeded my expectations. First, it has features almost never found in even sub $800 unit much less $329 - backlight keyboard, 1920 x 1080 display and upgradable/replaceable storage. For those reasons alone, it's a 5 star machine.
- Great if you Know What You're Doing: This system is excellent for those who just need a reasonable system without having to pay an arm and a leg for it. Although, it can be kind of slow. Be aware this is NOT a super duper gaming laptop. If it was it would have a dedicated video card and an i5 at least. SIt's even better for advanced users such as myself. Why? Because us advanced users like to upgrade the system. Unlike prior versions of Acer Aspire laptops where you have to take the entire bottom cover off, safely and slowly disconnect a dozen cables, and then remove a bunch of random parts just so you can get to replacing the RAM or hard drive, this system allows you to easily unscrew 3 screws and pop out the bottom to replace the hard drive for a faster 7200 RPM one, add an M.2 SSD, or upgrade the RAM.
Where to Buy
You can pick up the Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM at Amazon for a cool $350.