Summon Your Strength for this Amazing Gaming Laptop
Got a need for speed? The Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop delivers. It’s got a powerful 7th Gen Intel Core processor, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, dual-Fan cooling fans, and stellar audio. At Amazon, it’s got a 4 star overall review, 1,049 customer reviews, and 31 answered questions.
On the outside, the Predator Helios 300 looks like your typical gaming laptop. You’ll find it mostly black throughtout, red accents sprinkled here and there. The lid has a brushed hard plastic surface with the Predator logo. On the back, you’ll find the exhaust vents highlighted by two red lines, one of which expands across the bottom of the device in an attractive angled design. In actual games, the Predator Helios 300 to be a mixed bag. In For Honor it held up with 1080p resolution on medium detail settings. In Battlefield 1, is also performs well at the Medium detail preset. However, it monster games, it only managed 54 frames per second which is behind the Acer Predator 15 G9-593 and the MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro.
Full specs indicate that this baby will deliver!
- Latest 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor (Up to 3.8GHz)
- Latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display, Red Backlit Keyboard
- World’s first dual Omron switch design provides two options to adjust clicks and a total of 70M clicks life span
- Predator Quarter Master Software for customizing color, lighting patterns, sensitivity (5 DPI modes) and button program
- Customizable ambidextrous designed with side panels offer up to 4 different usage mode for the ultimate fit and ergonomic comfort
The Predator Helios 300 has a 4 star overall review, 1,049 customer reviews, and 31 answered questions. Here’s a summary of recent reviews:
- Top Notch Performance: You are getting a $,1049 laptop with the kaby lake i7, gtx1060, 16gb ram that is easy to upgrade, a 256 SSD, IPS screen. Is this entry level yes? Should you expect small details that aren’t on this model to drop the price? YES! But the things that were dropped from the G9-593-72VT are not performance changing items.
This rig easily handles new games from high to ultra settings killing it in FPS. I play Arma 3 which is extremely CPU intensive and horribly optimized. With some graphics tweaks I was still pushing 50 fps on high.
- Compatible with Oculus Rift: Laptop works great for Virtual Reality with the latest Oculus Rift CV1 and $399 touch bundle. Here’s a tip for those worried about not enough usb 3.0 ports on the laptop for oculus users : To have the best oculus performance which requires 3 qty usb 3.0 ports, use the laptop’s left side usb (3.0) for the oculus headset and then buy this: “AmazonBasics USB 3.1 Type-C to 4 Port USB Hub”. This will allow you to convert the laptop’s left side usb c (3.1) port to usb 3.0 ports power the rift’s 2 usb sensors at usb 3.0 bandwidth speeds.
- Awesome Gaming Laptop: When I saw the reviews for the Acer Predator Helios 300 with a 1060 card and 256 GB SSD. I was a little bit worried about the quality of the laptop based on some of the reviews here, but I can tell you almost everything about this computer is awesome. I’ve been playing games over the past two days, and it works flawlessly. No problems with the hardware or software. As soon as I started up the computer and went through the basic set up, I went to the Acer website and updated the BIOs and the Nvidia drivers. No problem whatsoever. I did order the Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD – I will install it in the extra drive port (or whatever you call it!).
Where to Buy
You can find the Predator Helios 300 at Amazon for $1,049.